Pages

DJ/Radio Producer-turned-Lawyer attempts to dress like a grown-up. Sometimes I comically fail. And I occasionally post fun stuff, like music videos, book-club reviews, or photos of beauty or oddity.
FYI: I was doing this entire blog from my Android phone, snatching moments out of my busy life for quick photos. But I hate auto-correct with a purple passion, so now I'm using the computer for most of the work. I am still using my phone for the photos, though. My photo sizes may be erratic, and the quality isn't stellar. I am not a professional blogger, and do not have time for lots of scenic poses with a great camera. I don't even own a great camera! However, I DO appreciate your continued feedback, even in the absence of photographic artistry.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wardrobe Orphan

What happens when you adopt something appealing to you... but it doesn't fit in with the rest of the family?

This:

 photo 2013-05-22_19-12-25_379_edit0_zps74adc75c.jpg

Yeah.

I fell in love with the pretty pale-mint color, and the brocade, when I was at the clothing orphanage (aka consignment shop).

 photo 2013-05-22_19-12-39_15_edit0_zpsc285916e.jpg

It occurs to me... a bit late, I know... that the difficulty coordinating with other pieces just MIGHT be why it was in the orphanage to begin with. Like the child with severe emotional problems adopted by the well-intentioned, but woefully unequipped, hopeful parent.

But the papers have been finalized (aka it's been to the tailor), so I'm going to seek help for my new child.

I'm not even going to do the components run-down for Wednesday's outfit... it's just too depressing.

10 comments:

  1. LOL and I completely understand. I do that too and then sit there wondering what was I thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotcha. The color, while appealing, doesn't play well with others. My advice is to adopt a compatible sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...i love the print on that jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a gorgeous jacket. I hope you keep it....I think you may eventually find the right companion for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is a difficult color to pair. That said, if you do find a complimentary hue to go with it, the brocade pattern is really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that printed blazer!!!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's such a pretty jacket, and the color screams spring. are you excited to get new things to go with it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the jacket is a great colour. You could pair it with a white knee length skirt or denim and it would look fab.

    ReplyDelete